Scripture: Romans 12:1-2
I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.
- We believe worship connects people with God and with each other.
- We believe worship is vital to the health and witness of our church and permeates everything our church is and does.
We believe worship is a multi-dimensional experience.
“Worship” is expressed through:
- Corporate worship — group worship experiences
- Devotional groups — smaller group worship experiences
- Individual — personal devotions
Organizational — worship is the foundation for every act of the church
Some priorities for our worship ministry
- Worship as Program — Creating a complete experience of worship for everyone touched by our church’s ministry
Specific programs, Sunday morning, Seasonal programs, Committee/group meetings, Personal devotional life, Retreats, Bible study
- Prayer — Communicating with God individually and collectively
- Music — Using an art form that touches people’s emotions, encourages participation, and connects people with the presence of God
- Drama — Using an art form that touches people’s emotions and expands their understanding of various aspects of the Christian experience
- Special Events of Concerts and Community worship
- Renewal Programs — Providing experiences of renewal, learning, spiritual and practical applications to human life with the intent of making life more whole
- Organizational Life — Discovering, deciding and committing to those elements and institutions that fulfill our mission in a greater way than we can alone
- Worship Format — Creating opportunities for people to experience diverse styles