With the need to keep the spread of Covid-19 low and Kentucky’s social distancing guidelines, voting procedures for the June 23 primary have changed from past practices. Due to precautions, all counties have been advised to reduce the number of polling locations in each County. You are encouraged to vote through absentee mail ballot. Below are some simple instructions to help you find the best way for you to vote on June 23.
There are four ways to vote in the upcoming primary:
1.Absentee by mail
- This year every voter is eligible to vote by mail. In order to receive an absentee ballot, click the link https://vrsws.sos.ky.gov/abrweb/ and complete the online form. If you would rather not use an internet page to request a ballot, you can contact the county clerk’s office. For Fayette County the contact information is (859) 253-3344. Mailed in ballots must be postmarked by June 23.
2. Hand-delivery of absentee ballot
- If you choose not to return the ballot by mail, you can drop off your ballot at the following locations.
- Option 1: Drop off your ballot at a secure drop box from June 15 – 22 at the President’s Pavilion outside of Gate 9 at Kroger Field. Parking is available in the Blue Lot.
- Option 2: Drop off your ballot on June 23 at the Commonwealth Tower Lobby at Kroger Stadium. Parking is available in the Blue Lot.
3. Vote early in-person (appointment with county clerk recommended)
- Voting in-person is by appointment only. Appointments will be available starting Monday, June 1.
- Early in-person voting takes place June 8 – 23, 2020, at the Lexington Senior Center, 195 Life Lane. Appointments will be scheduled between 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Call (859) 253-3344 in advance to schedule an appointment to vote early in person.
- These voting times are being held for people who may need special accommodations. Be considerate of your neighbors with disabilities and take that into consideration before requesting a time to vote in-person.
4. Vote on election day in-person
- Only vote in person on Election Day if you absolutely need to.
- Kroger Field will be the only voting location for Lexington/Fayette County. No other voting precincts will be open on this day.
- Voting will take place inside the Central Bank Field Club. Voters may enter through either Gate 10 or Gate 11. Parking is available in the Blue Lot.
- Remember, you cannot be turned away from voting if you are in line before 6 p.m.
Posting comments after three months has been disabled.